National project Support of Care-Taker Service
National project Support of Care-Taker Service is implemented within the Operational Programme Human Resources in the programming period 2014-2020. It is a continuation of the Project Field Support of Care-Taker Service implemented within the Operational Programme Employment and Social inclusion in the programming period 2007-2013.
Beneficiary: Implementation Agency of the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Family of the Slovak Republic
Allocation: 49,892,538.62 €
Territorial validity: all the self-governing regions of the Slovak Republic
Implementation: November 2015 – July 2018
- children and adult physical persons that are recipients of social services
- employees performing policies and measures in the field of the social inclusion in public and non-public sector
- public and non-public providers of social services
- Public providers of the care-taker service
Municipalities and Cities,
Legal entities established or administered by the municipality
- Non-public providers of the care-taker service
Non-profit organisations providing services in public interest,
Church, religious societies and church charities,
Civic associations or Slovak Red Cross,
Registered at the Register of the self-governing region which are at the same time providers of social service in line with the Art. 3.3 of the Act 448/2008 Col. on Social Services as amended (hereinafter referred to as “act on social services”).
The objective of the project is to support the development of the care-taker service in order to prevent placement of the clients in the accommodation facilities. The project shall be implemented as of November 2015 until July 2018 in the entire territory of the Slovak Republic where 3,300 job positions of care-takers shall be supported.
Main project activity: Support of the care-taker service implementation
Subactivity 1: Creation of an expert group and cross-border cooperation
Subactivity 2: Selection of the care-taker service providers and care-taker service implementation
Subactivity 3: Support of the care-taker service implementation
Subactivity 4: Evaluation of the national project impact
Implementation of the project shall enable:
- to offer the care-taker service to a greater number of persons relying on the assistance of another in the natural home environment.
- to increase the availability of the care-taker service for the citizens with grave disability, unfavourable health condition and to support the seniors in staying in the natural environment of family and community
- to create suitable environment for maintaining, renewal and development of the abilities of the physical persons and their families to conduct independent lives
- to support to provision of caretaker service in those areas that do not provide it so far because of the lack of resources
- create/maintain the jobs and thus support the employment rate in all the regions of Slovakia
- to prevent the dependence on the services of social care in the accommodation facilities
The implementation of the project shall contribute to securing the right of the citizens on the provision of the care-taker service. The regions and municipalities that lack it, shall create such conditions that enable the provision of the care-taker service and the areas that cannot satisfy the current demand shall have their capacities increased. The pressure of placing the target group into the social services accommodation facilities shall be reduced – prevention of institutionalisation – thus increasing the availability of the care-taker service for the citizens with grave disability, unfavourable medical condition and for seniors. Their stay in natural environment of family and community shall be maintained thus creating conditions for deinstitutionalisation.
The side effect of Support of Care-Taker Service National Project is the support of the harmonisation of work/life balance of the family members living in one household. By creating new and sustaining the existing jobs we shall support the employment in all the regions of the Slovak Republic.